Controls Design Engineer
General The position of Controls Design Engineer requires the controls system design and software development of the equipment that AMI designs and builds. The position involves working closely with the entire project team and the engineering manager. This position requires individual performance. The Controls Design Engineer may be responsible for all controls hardware specification, drawings, and software development of the equipment throughout that process.
Workflow Project engineers report directly to the engineering manager, however much of the direction on projects will come from the Project Team Leader. It is the team leader’s responsibility to utilize the team in the most efficient and effective way to complete the requirements to the specifications in the required timeframe.
Growth Project engineers will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members and work study students.
- Controls system design for a wide variety of custom automated assembly, test, and special process machinery from concept to final acceptance for a wide variety of clients and processes.
- Assist sales in developing new equipment concepts & costs.
- Conduct studies & perform troubleshooting to include preliminary engineering to establish alternatives and costs for both new installations and modifications.
- Creating schematics, bills of materials, and purchased component selection.
- Programmable logic controller programming using a variety of PLC platforms.
- Human machine interface programming using a variety of HMI platforms.
- Robot program integration with PLC & HMI programs.
- Interaction with management, sales, mechanical engineering, production, and clients.
- Holding internal and customer design review meetings.
- Working closely with mechanical engineering.
- Provide manufacturing support, de-bug, and final qualification of the equipment.
- At times, provide field support for new installations including startup and final tuning.
- Create necessary final project documentation.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Coordinate/manage multiple engineering projects as a member of a cross functional team.
- Support marketing efforts in developing new business.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and identify new opportunities.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.