Robotic Assembly Technician
The position of the Robotic Assembly Technician requires assisting the robotic assembly of the projects assigned to the team. The position involves working closely with the mechanical and electrical lead techs, robotic engineers, project team leader, and other team members. This position requires individual performance and the ability to take direction and work cohesively with team members. The Robot Assembly Tech is responsible for all robot related controls hardware, wiring, and software aspects of the equipment throughout the build. Robotic Assembly Technicians report directly to the assembly team leader, however much of the direction on projects will come from the project team leader and robotic engineer.
- Assist the robotic assembly for a wide variety of custom automated assembly, test, and special process machinery from internal designs for a wide variety of clients and processes.
- Attend internal design review and project wrap-up meetings for assigned projects and provide feedback.
- Work closely with the Lead Mechanical & Electrical Assembly Techs through the build, de-bug, and commissioning of the project.
- Provide manufacturing support, assembly support, de-bug, and final qualification of the equipment.
- Work with engineering to answer questions and solve design issues.
- Un-crate and master each robot for the project.
- Assist in robot mounting, wiring, & EOAT assembly.
- Load the program, set up PLC communications, and touch up points/program as necessary.
- Providing assistance with electrical panel builds and field wiring is required
- Support the equipment during the internal and customer run-offs.
- Provide field support for new installations including startup and final tuning.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members and clients.
- Demonstrated experience and training or moved up from Machine Assembly Technician.
- Required Fanuc training; Handling Tool
- Keyence Vision is a plus
- Strong electrical analytical skills to assemble and troubleshoot industrial machines.
- Strong time management and team leadership skills.
- Proficiency in reading and editing robot programs and reading engineering drawings and schematics.
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Willingness to learn and desire to contribute as part of a dynamic and productive team.
- Travel is required.