Manufacturing Applications Engineer
The role of the Manufacturing Applications Engineer is to be a technical authority to the organization on one or more of the Company’s product lines. Applications Engineers are primarily focused on sales activity evaluating new opportunities to determine the Company’s ability to manufacture products that meet customer requirements. The Manufacturing Applications Engineer reports to the Production Manager, however much of the direction on projects will come from the Director of Business Development. It is the Director of Business Development’s responsibility to utilize the team in the most efficient and effective way to complete the requirements to the specifications in the required timeframe. Applications Engineers will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members and work study students.
- Create and/or facilitate conceptual drawings and sketches as required to support the quoting process.
- Estimating & Quoting – Using customer prints and drawings to estimate manufacture time and material cost associated. Once that determination has been made, they specify, prepare cost estimates, and quote the product. Provide final approval of quotes prior to submitting to the customer.
- Supports engineering and production personnel in the design, build, testing, and installation of finished products as needed.
- Monitor the project scope, schedule, and budget throughout the manufacturing process to ensure that the project can be delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Customer Interaction - Interact with customers while developing product estimates and closing new business.
- Engineering - Knowledge of fundamental calculations supporting product development a plus.
- Knowledge of shop floor processes as required to estimate product cost with support from department Team Leaders.
- Fluent in 2D and 3D modeling is a plus to open, modify, print, and review customer prints and drawings.
- Perform and/or facilitate conceptual or run-off testing and provide results.
- Documentation – Receive, review, and document customer specification and testing procedures as needed.