Weld Cell Technician
Arnold Machine, Tiffin, OH is a full-service designer and manufacturer of high quality, innovative automated equipment. Arnold Machine, Inc. is a team of experienced engineers and machine tradesmen that can design and build virtually any type of customized automated equipment. We currently seek a Robotic Weld Cell Technician who is an ambitious self-starter to operate our robotic weld cell to support batches of welding production. The position requires the ability to efficiently operate a robotic weld cell to provide quality weldments.
- Temporary – Forecasted Through May
- Part-Time – Must have Flexible schedule Mon – Thu 6am-4pm, workload dependent
- Must be able to Load Metal Parts into Cell
- Grinding Experience Preferred
- Fabrication Experience a Plus
- Pay Based on Skills/Experience
- Blueprint Reading is a requisite.
- Strong welding knowledge is a plus, including understanding of metal fabrication concepts and processes, with sheet metal experience.
- Ability to operate and program robots is a plus.
- Previous experience as Robotic Welder is favorable.
- Must be able to read and use standard measuring devices, e.g. tape measure, scale, and calipers.
- Experience with rigging, hoisting, and moving material.
- Capacity to operate a Fork Lift and Overhead Crane, training will be provided.
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Willingness to learn; the desire to contribute as part of the dynamic and productive team.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Basic Computer Skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to Fabricator Team Leader.
- Operate Robotic Weld Cell.
- Perform Robotic Welding and Fabricating.
- Inspects finished part for quality assurance and takes the appropriate actions to correct defects.
- Initiative to learn to program and troubleshoot the Robotic Weld Cell.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members.