Lead Electrical Assembly Technician
General The position of Lead Electrical assembly technician requires leading the electrical assembly of the project assigned to the team. The position involves working closely with the project team leader and other team members. This position requires individual performance and the ability to guide team members. The lead electrical assembly tech is responsible for all controls, hardware, wiring, and software aspects of the project throughout that process.
Workflow Assembly Technicians report directly to the assembly team leader, however much of the direction on projects will come from the Project Team Leader. It is both team leader’s responsibility to utilize the team in the most efficient and effective way to complete the requirements to the specifications in the required timeframe.
Growth Assembly Technicians will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members and work study students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the electrical assembly for each team’s projects.
- Attend project meetings as requested by the project team leader from concept to wrap-up.
- Work closely with the Lead Mechanical Assembly Tech through the build, de-bug, and commissioning of the project. Always supporting each other and the assembly techs.
- Provide manufacturing support, assembly support, de-bug, and final qualification of the equipment.
- Work with engineering to answer questions and solve design issues.
- I/O check, program load, and machine de-bug ensuring that each requirement of the scope is met, and the project milestone dates are maintained.
- Ensure the project requirements are met prior to, and during the internal and customer run-offs.
- Provide field support for new installations including startup and final tuning. Some travel will be required.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members and clients.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.