Arnold Machine, Tiffin, OH is a full-service designer and manufacturer of high quality, innovative automated equipment. Arnold Machine, Inc. is a team of experienced engineers and machine tradesmen that can design and build virtually any type of customized automated equipment. We currently seek an experienced Fabricator with the ability to fabricate structural steel frames to support our growing activity in equipment manufacturing. The position requires the ability to fabricate per print by primarily using MIG welding, with occasional TIG welding and the operation of a CNC Press Brake.
- Must know how to operate a MIG welder, press brake, and various hand tools such as grinders and drills.
- Blue Print Reading is a requisite.
- Must be able to read and use standard measuring devices, e.g. tape measure, scale, and calipers.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication concepts and processes, sheet metal experience is a plus.
- Experience with rigging, hoisting and moving material.
- Capacity to operate a Fork Lift and Overhead Crane, training will be provided.
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Willingness to learn; the desire to contribute as part of the dynamic and productive team.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Basic Computer Skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to Fabricator Team Leader.
- Operate/Setup MIG and TIG welding machines.
- Operate/Setup Sheet Metal Press Brake equipment.
- Operate Laser.
- Fabricate weldments per prints maintaining dimensions with overall build squareness.
- Assemble and fabricate frame builds to specified print dimensions with structural tubing, channel, angle iron, and sheet metal.
- Inspect weldments for conformance to print symbols and specifications.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.