Arnold Machine Inc., Tiffin, OH is a full-service designer and manufacturer of high quality, innovative automated equipment. Arnold Machine, Inc. is a team of experienced engineers and machine tradesmen that can design and build virtually any type of customized automated equipment. We currently seek an entry level Fabricator with the ability to fabricate structural steel frames and with the eagerness to learn to operate our saws, and shear to support our growing activity in equipment manufacturing. The position requires unloading material, staging of material, cutting material and parts per prints using a band saw, shear, and extrusion saw and the ability to fabricate per print by primarily using MIG welding, with occasional TIG welding and the operation of a CNC Press Brake.
- Reports to Fabricator Team Leader, Production Manager.
- Operate/Setup MIG and TIG welding machines.
- Operate/Setup Sheet Metal Press Brake equipment.
- Operate Laser.
- Fabricate weldments per prints maintaining dimensions with overall build squareness.
- Assemble and fabricate frame builds to specified print dimensions with structural tubing, channel, angle iron, and sheet metal.
- Inspect weldments for conformance to print symbols and specifications.
- Unload Raw Material Trucks, Check In Material, Inventory Material and Stock Material.
- Operate our band saw, shear, or extrusion saw equipment to perform material cuts.
- Cut material specified per cut list and prints.
- Stage and Organize cut material per project, delivering to departments on schedule.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members.
- Must know how to operate a MIG welder, press brake, and various hand tools such as grinders and drills.
- Blue Print Reading is a requisite.
- Must be able to read and use standard measuring devices, e.g. tape measure, scale, and calipers.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication concepts and processes, sheet metal experience is a plus.
- Eager to learn AMI processes to operate our band saw, shear, and extrusion saw.
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals, impute the conversions into the cutting equipment.
- Experience with rigging, hoisting and moving material.
- Capacity to operate a Fork Lift and Overhead Crane, training will be provided.
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Willingness to learn; the desire to contribute as part of the dynamic and productive team.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Basic Computer Skills.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.