Mechanical Design Engineer Co-Op
Arnold Machine Inc., Tiffin, OH is a full-service designer and manufacturer of high quality, innovative automated equipment. Arnold Machine, Inc. is a team of experienced engineers and machine tradesmen that can design and build virtually any type of customized automated equipment. We currently seek a dynamic Mechanical Engineer student with interest in manufacturing equipment design to gain experience to support our growing activity in custom equipment manufacturing.
- Learn the engineering filing system and utilize it efficiently.
- Proficiently learn to use the required engineering software.
- Assist with the mechanical and system designs for a wide variety of custom automated assembly, test, and special process machinery from concept to final acceptance for a wide variety of clients and processes.
- Assist in detailing of projects including creating bills of materials, and purchased component selection.
- Coordinate project designs with electrical engineering while effectively communicating with the sales team, production team and clients.
- Attend design review meetings, both internally and externally with customer.
- Assist the sales team in developing new equipment concepts and build budgets.
- Provide and assist with the manufacturing support, assembly support, de-bug, and final qualification of the equipment.
- Provide and assist with the field support for new installations including startup and final tuning.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Coordinate and manage multiple engineering projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team.
- Support marketing efforts in developing new business.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing clients and identify new opportunities.
- Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering.
- Strong analytical and concept design skills to develop the design and engineering of industrial equipment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficiency in SolidEdge or other 3D modeling software, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
This position offers a competitive base within a dynamic working environment. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth.