Project Team Leader
General The roll of the project team leader is to manage the project engineering and assembly workflow for projects assigned to the team, ensuring the quality of the deliverables, and to grow the team.
Workflow The project team leader reports to the Engineering Manager (EM) and delivers project information and requirements to the team and Production Manager (PM). It is the team leader’s responsibility to utilize the team in the most efficient and effective way to complete the requirements to the specifications in the required timeframe. It is the responsibility of the project team leader to communicate with the EM when additional resources or equipment are needed.
Growth The team leader is tasked with growing the department. Both from a physical standpoint and individual team member growth. From the physical standpoint, the team leader will work with the EM, PM, and HR to attract, interview, and hire new team members. Our goal is to help individuals grow from where they are to where they want to be.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Concepts & Quoting - Receive RFQ’s from outside sales, working with them as needed to develop concepts and budgets. Utilize the strengths of the team and individuals to develop the final concepts and quotes, including the definition and documentation of the project scope, objectives, and cost. Provide final approval of quotes prior to submitting to the customer.
- Project Scheduling - Work with team members, EM, and PM to create, update and maintain project schedules. Maintain project milestone dates. Communicate schedules and updates with the team, EM, and PM.
- Project Tasks - Facilitate meetings with the team to discuss specific tasks in sales, engineering, and assembly. Assign tasks based on experience and knowledge while keeping individual team members personal growth in mind.
- Project Meetings - Organize all project meetings from concept to wrap up. Document with the internal project file.
- Update the EM and PM with the status of all tasks & budget on each open project in weekly production meetings.
- Monitor the project scope, schedule, and budget during the engineering phase to ensure that the project can be delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage changes or issues to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs and update the EM, PM, and customer accordingly.
- Ensure the quality of the team deliverables and address any quality concerns immediately with repair and prevention. Coordinate with the EM or PM to initiate Corrective Action Request as necessary.
- Ensure final project information is complete and updated.
- Coordinate peer to peer team member performance evaluations.
- Coordinate with EM to cover for planned time off.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.