General: The position involves working closely with the Production Manager, ERP Coordinator, and all other AMI team members. This position requires managing inventory levels, including regular cycle counts, a strong working knowledge of the ERP system, and providing assistance to receiving while having the ability to take direction and train team members.
Workflow: The Inventory Controller reports directly to the Production Manager, however much of the direction will come from ERP, Purchasing and Receiving.
Growth: The Inventory Controller will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members along with continuously establishing process improvements.
- Gain strong working knowledge of ERP system
- Perform periodic cycle counts per schedule
- Research and resolve inventory variances
- Administer material transactions for projects and jobs
- Verify purchases and inventory have been issued to orders before completion
- Manage material returns from projects and material scrap
- Provide assistance and coverage for material coordinator
- Verify, label and transfer material to warehouse and production locations
- Assist purchasing to maintain inventory levels
- Maintain safety stock requirements by identifying demand and set appropriate limits
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members and vendors
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team
- High school diploma, equivalent is required a business degree is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills with an ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment and problem-solving capabilities.
- Positive attitude with the ability to adapt to change, while working with all team members.
- An OEM Manufacturing background is preferred with inventory management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are a requisite.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.