Human Resource Generalist
General: The position involves working closely with the Human Resource Manager, Administrative Office Assistant, and all other team members. This position requires human resource experience with the ability to maintain a prominent level of confidentiality, assist with recruiting and qualifying skilled candidates, provide new hire onboarding, track training requirements, and manage the evaluation process and software.
Workflow: The Human Resource Generalist reports directly to the Human Resource Manager, while collaborating with all team leaders to understand the skill requirements for the recruitment process.
Growth: The Human Resource Generalist will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members along with continuously establishing process improvements. Our goal is to help individuals grow from where they are to where they want to be.
- Recruitment – Recruit skilled applicants, collect and review resumes to qualify candidates. Participates in recruitment activities including job fairs, presentations to students and groups, or other opportunities as identified. Maintains applicant tracking system including document retention according to company policy and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Employment Offers - Compose employment offers for candidates. Provide preemployment information to new hires while coordinating all pre-employment requirements including background checks, substance abuse and post offer physicals. Maintains all related documents and communicates status of the hiring process with the hiring manager.
- Onboarding – Provide employee orientation for all new hires and educate newly hired employees on HR policies, internal procedures, and regulations.
- Job Descriptions – Maintain company job descriptions and update as needed.
- Training – Assist with developing training plans, documentation, and presentation.
- Evaluation – Manage the evaluation software to conduct new hire reviews and assist with the annual review process.
- Assists other members of the human resources team with administrative duties when needed.
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team.
Skills and Attributes Requirements
- High school diploma is required, a business degree is a preferred.
- 1-3 years of human resources experience required recruitment experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment regulations with an understanding of personnel and compliance records management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are a requisite.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills with an ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment and problem-solving capabilities.
- Positive attitude with the ability to adapt to change, while working with all team members.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.