Engineering Project Manager
General: The Engineering Project Manager will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers to design and deliver innovative automation machinery solutions. The Engineering Project Manager will manage a range of stakeholders including internal teams and external partners and clients to coordinate the process of designing, building, and commissioning our new and existing systems. This position requires individual performance while being a member of a cross functional team.
Workflow: The Engineering Project Manager will report directly to the Engineering Manager while working closely with all Project Team Leads and Engineering Team Leads.
Growth: The Engineering Project Manager will assist with the development and training of new team members and work study students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define work plan for months to years-long projects (including key activities, milestones, deliverables, risks, and dependencies).
- Ensure on-time completion and accountability to project deliverables through management of internal and external activities.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners (vendors and clients).
- Structure technical team discussions to prioritize decisions and activities with competing factors of budget, time, risk, and scope.
- Negotiate project details and terms with vendors and customers.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to identify key project risks and mitigation strategy for first-of-its-kind innovative automation machinery solutions.
- Function as the intermediate between engineering and manufacturing for design or manufacturing questions.
- Lead system debug and internal/external acceptance testing.
- Ensure technical documentation is up to date including project schedule, ISO documents, O&M manual, and customer specified documents.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing oversight and support for systems at customers sites.
The Engineering Project Manager will work in the Miami St. facility, Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. This salary non-exempt position offers a competitive base and incentive plan in a dynamic working environment and a comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth.