General: The roll of the Applications Engineer is to be a technical authority to the organization on one or more of the Company’s product lines. Applications Engineers are primarily focused on sales activity evaluating new opportunities to determine the Company’s ability to manufacture products that meet customer requirements.
Workflow: The Applications Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager (EM), however much of the direction on projects will come from the Project Team Leader. It is the team leader’s responsibility to utilize the team in the most efficient and effective way to complete the requirements to the specifications in the required timeframe.
Growth: Applications Engineers will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members and work study students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Concepts & Budgeting - Receive & review RFQ’s from outside sales, working with them as needed to develop concepts and budgets. Utilize the strengths of the team to develop the final concepts and quotes, including the definition and documentation of the project scope, objectives, and cost.
- Create and/or facilitate conceptual drawings and sketches as required to support the quoting process.
- Estimating & Quoting - Once that determination has been made, they specify, prepare cost estimates, and quote the product. Provide final approval of quotes prior to submitting to the customer.
- After the sale, the Applications Engineers supports engineering and production personnel in the design, build, testing, and installation of finished products.
- Monitor the project scope, schedule, and budget throughout the engineering/build process to ensure that the project can be delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Customer Interaction - Interact with customers while developing product solutions and closing new business.
- Engineering - Knowledge of fundamental calculations supporting product development.
- Knowledge of product design and shop floor processes as required to estimate product cost.
- Fluent in 2D and 3D modeling as is required to develop equipment layouts or proposal drawings.
- Basic knowledge of electrical controls.
- Testing & Reporting – Create/setup parameters for conceptual or run-off testing.
- Perform and/or facilitate conceptual or run-off testing and provide results.
- Documentation – Receive, review, and document customer specification and testing procedures.
The applications engineer will work primarily in the engineering office, Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. This salary position offers a competitive base and incentive plan in a dynamic working environment and a comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.