General: The position involves working closely with the Senior Purchasing Agent, Production Team Leaders and all other AMI team members. This position requires raw material purchasing and outsourcing coordination experience, along with a strong working knowledge of the ERP system.
Workflow: The Purchasing Agent reports directly to the Production Manager, however much of the direction will come from the Senior Purchasing Agent and Team Leaders.
Growth: The Purchasing Agent will be asked to assist with the development and training of new team members along with continuously establishing process improvements.
- Purchasing – Receives approved raw material lists and outsourcing purchase requests from Team leaders to quote and procure. Follow strategic purchasing processes and procedures while prioritizing tasks. Build and maintain relationships with vendors, while securing new qualified vendors. Negotiate pricing and contracts, verify due dates, project specs and budgets are met. Generate purchase orders in the ERP system.
- Reporting – Maintain ERP system and corresponding reports including the PO list with all relevant details. Review and analyze regular purchase order reports to follow up on open orders, receipts and resolve issues. Track, report, and confirm estimated delivery dates.
- Forecasting – Assist Team Leaders with forecasting the demand to outsource.
- Vendor Performance – Review vendor performance, to ensure contract compliance and follow performance improvement processes. Reports vendor performance to Senior Purchasing Agent and collaborates with team.
- Provide weekly raw material and outsourcing status updates to Senior Purchasing Agent.
- Collaborate with accounts payable on adjustments, returns, and credits
- Ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work with other team members
- Ability to work on multiple projects as well as be a member of a cross functional team
Skill and Attribute Requirements
- High school diploma is required, a business degree is a preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge of CNC custom machining and fabrication with purchasing experience.
- OEM background knowledge a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are a requisite.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills with an ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment and problem-solving capabilities.
- Positive attitude with the ability to adapt to change, while working with all team members.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
This position offers a competitive base and incentive plan, a dynamic working environment and comprehensive benefits package including education assistance program, health insurance, profit sharing, and 401K. We are a growing company and encourage personal growth with advancement opportunities.